Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Time keeps on tickin', tickin', tickin'...."

Yes, I tend to speak in song lyrics & movie quotes. My brother and I have made it a language that drives our mom & my husband bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S (sorry)

This week I felt a little older as my firstborn began kindergarten. When I was pregnant with her, I had this vision of her daddy carrying her to her room after one of our day trips to Myrtle Beach. Fast-forward 6 years, and we've moved about 300 miles away, and our day trips are to Lake Bowen to see Nana & Papa. She's too big to need to be carried in from the car, thank you very much. She's intelligent, imaginative, creative, and fiercely independent. At the moment, she wants to be a builder of some sort. Not an architect, not a supervisor, but a hands-on builder. As the years go, it will be interesting to see how often she changes her mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment