Friday, May 1, 2009

Yet another stretch of time...



Maybe one of these days I'll actually make posts more than twice a year!

So much is happening these days. Richard & I will most likely be moving to the mountains next year. It's been very hard telling the "kids", but it had to be done. No way was I going to just leave them hanging next year if I wasn't in the classroom on the first day. We didn't plan on moving yet, but things have been put into play over which we really had no control, so off we go....

Kiersten is growing so much and is still such a clown. It's so amazing to watch her actually comprehending and processing information. Like just yesterday, when she was handing me something and said, "Daddy", shook her head and corrected herself by saying, "Mama". After years of having only dogs to raise, it's so cool to see a creature who actually is learning more and more each day. She's at her curious phase, pointing to things and wanting to know what they are. She now has 12 teeth with 2 more coming in. Hard to believe she'll be 20 months on Tuesday. It really doesn't seem that long ago that I was pregnant with her. She's such a daddy's girl - daddy above all. As soon as he's in the room, all others are invisible. Except maybe Abi. At the moment, mama is 3rd banana. But I'm hoping that will all change this summer once I'm home with her full time. I cannot wait!!

Last weekend we stayed in Harnett County with mom & went up to Raleigh, where we went to the Fairgrounds Flea Market & Pullen Park. We had a great time, sweating in the sun at both places. It was nice to just peruse the shops at the flea market. We'll probably go back another day when we're not on a schedule (mom & Elsa had to get back for the military ball). I really enjoyed showing Pullen Park to Richard. Jason & I went there as kids on school field trips & it was pretty much like I remembered. We basically went that day to ride the train & the carousel. It was Kiersten's first time riding either. She loved riding on the carousel. She was smiling and giggling the whole time! Mom & I have talked of going to Carowinds at some point this summer. Maybe. I've included our "family picture" of us at the carousel.



1 comment:

  1. Yay a post! Moving....didn't see that coming for a while. Hope things are going well. :)

    ReplyDelete